Welcome to Swanscombe Health Centre, Bean Village Surgery and Greenhithe Surgery
At the Swanscombe and Bean Partnership the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations, anticoagulation clinic and well-person check-ups.
Our phone lines are open from 8:00am and we open our doors from 9:00am each morning, Monday to Friday. Please note that all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Find us on Facebook
We now have social media status, click here to find us and remember to click the LIKE button!
We have changed the system for ordering repeat prescriptions, for more information click here
If you want to use our online services (for example, to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions) you will need to register first: you can do that by clicking here and apply for your registration codes.
General Practitioner Registrar and Students
Our practice is a training/teaching practice. Our GP registrars are fully qualified and have a great deal of hospital experience. GP registrars are usually attached to our practice for 12 months. They are at all times encouraged to seek advice when required from the practice partners. The practice also has Foundation Year (FY2) doctors attached for 4-month periods, who are supervised in the same way as registrars.
We are also fortunate to have medical students attached to our practice for short periods. If you do not wish to have the student present during your consultation please inform the reception staff prior to seeing the doctor.
When booking an appointment you may be offered an appointment with one of our GP registrars/FY doctors.
We will be upgrading the clinical software within our practices. This is to enable us to provide a more efficient service to our patients. Unfortunately while this is being completed, it will have a temporary impact on the operation of the practice.
How this will affect you…..
- During May 2019 we will not be able to process any new registrations.
- From 8th May we will not be able to process any electronic prescriptions. We will be able to issue paper prescription from the practice. This should be rectified by June.
- The online services will change format. The current system will be closed from 8th May. There will be a new service available online from June 2019, but you will have to contact the practice to request a new login pin. We encourage all practice users to sign up for this service, which enables you to make appointments, order repeat prescriptions and see some medical records.
We appreciate that this may cause some inconvenience, but we ask for your patience while this takes place.
- We are currently working with Sodexo, the facilities maintenance team who look after the ground of Ebbsfleet Academy, to ensure the parking area is used for patients visiting our site, and not Manor School. If you are stopped in your car and asked where you are visiting, please explain it is the Health Centre, and you will be allowed access. This will enable our parking spaces to be used for staff and Health Centre users.
- We will be closing at 1.30pm on Tuesday 14th May 2019 for essential training time which is a requirement from NHS England. We apologise for any inconvenience the closure may cause.
- We are supporting the Prescriptions Ordering Direct team, to provide a service where patients can order their repeat medications via a telephone service. Please call 0300 131 1100. You will no longer be able to order repeat medications through your pharmacy.
- All patients, including children, have an allocated ‘named’ GP. If you wish to know who you are allocated to please contact reception who will be happy to help.
- Have we got your up to date contact details? Click here for more information
(Site updated 13/05/2019)