Coronavirus: Principle Clinical Trial
Swanscombe and Bean Partnership are recruiting patients for the PRINCIPLE trial associated with the University of Oxford
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find out whether selected treatments given to people at higher risk of becoming ill, when infected with COVID-19, can help reduce the need for hospitalisation and recover quicker, with fewer complications.
The trial is open to people aged 50 to 64 who have a new continuous cough or fever for less than 15 days and have at least one of the following conditions:
- A weakened immune system because of a serious illness or medication (e.g. chemotherapy)
- Heart disease or high blood pressure
- Asthma or lung disease
- Diabetes not treated with insulin
- Mild hepatic impairment (liver disease)
- Have previously had a stroke or have known neurological problems.
People aged 65 or over, even without the listed conditions above, who have a new continuous cough or fever for less than 15 days are also eligible to take part.
For further details please visit Sentry PHC which has already registered the surgery details
For patients who visit the PRINCIPLE trial main website directly, please make sure you register the surgery as SWANSCOMBE HEALTH CENTRE regardless of the branch surgery you normally visit.
Swanscombe and Bean Partnership Research Team